It has been said that amalgam fillings affects your health negatively due to the mercury fillings. According to clinical experiments, mercury related symptoms arising from these fillings reduce greatly when amalgam is replaced with composite or other non toxic materials. Scientific research have indicated that metals are necessary for the body functioning. However, some of these metals are poisonous, however small quantity they might be. Heavy metals like cadmium and mercury fall in this category. Other metals like copper, selenium and zinc are essential in small quantities but harmful in large quantities.
If all dental metals are eliminated, it means that excessive source of metals is removed. Dental amalgam removal will definitely have a positive impact on the patient’s health. A patient’s reaction to various metals is different from another which also means that patients will also improve differently when exposed to the metals.
Method and Result
According to a study conducted by Hul Huggins from the Colorado State University between 1990 and 1991 on 118 patients, 38 of them had classic chronic symptoms of mercury poisoning. Each of the patients had a test to indicating their reactions to various metals. All the patients then had to undergo through dental amalgam removal. 38 symptoms and complaints resulting from mercury poisoning were covered in the survey. The following symptoms were common among the patients before the removal of amalgam: poor memory, fatigue, poor concentration, headache, muscle fatigue, poor appetite, allergies, bloating, throat pain, metallic taste, joint pain and irritability.
The patients’ blood was taken to SAS Cargo in Colorado Springs in USA. This facility is state run, and therefore very reputable. The same study on the blood samples was conducted in the International Academy under W.J. Clifford. Under the medical literature, this test is described as the precipitin test. The test is basically supposed to determine the amount of globulins when human blood gets in contact with metals. After the dental amalgam removal, 79 of the patients had no amalgam remaining. Four years after this removal, the participant’s response to the survey indicated that all their previous symptoms had either disappeared or improved. The overall results of this survey indicated that out of the 17 complaints and symptoms, 5.1 were eliminated, 8.2 reduced and 3.7 remained unchanged. This translates to 21% unchanged, 48% reduced and 31% eliminated.
Science has for years demonstrated that mercury in the body originates from amalgam fillings. It has also been made clear that most of the dentistry metals are either hazardous or toxic. Innumerable experiments on humans and animals have indicated that amalgam mercury is harmful to cells and organs functions. Mercury specifically affects the kidneys, immune system, mouth, the central nervous system and the reproductive system. Clinicians have indicated over the course of their study that dental amalgam removal extensively improves diseases, symptoms which would have otherwise been untreatable.
Use of metal in the dentistry is no longer needed, thanks to the new shock-absorbing and durable composites. These composite materials have been approved for individual patient compatibility. One of the major problems associated with amalgam is digestive issues. This is because amalgam fillings react with saliva, which forms methyl-mercury in the stomach, colon and of course the mouth.
Discuss your dental amalgams with your holistic dentist.